Optimize performance through content
Web content is an important component of a website and just like the design it helps to improve the web presence.
Multimedia content, especially in an e-commerce, is intended to present products with quality images and videos.
Each added image increases the website page load time.
What to do:
- Load as few elements as possible from external pages
- Avoid unnecessary images, videos and other multimedia elements
- Compress images with the help of tools
- Save the images to an external server
- Use SVG icons
- Delay the uploading process of all images outside the viewing area
- Use the efficient WebP image format
Image optimization is important for the SEO of your site
Google has a dedicated section for images in its search engine.
When entering a specific keyword or phrase, search for all images with the search terms used.
This is also essential for the SEO of the website.
- Image placement helps increase website visits
- They also capture traffic indirectly if they are linked to textual content
- Google also takes into account the loading speed of image
What to do when adding multimedia content and improving SEO?
Here are the steps to follow
- File name: short and descriptive, it must give an idea of the image content, preferably if it also includes the keyword
- Alt Tag: Must be a broader description than the photo name and must include the keyword
- File size: the heavier the files, the slower the site will be
- Texts and multimedia contents must be consistent with the context
- Multimedia content description: its main function is to expand the information contained in the ALT tag, this helps Google to better understand the content.